Have you ever seen something cute for sale in a store or catalog and thought “hmm, I could probably make something like that.” One of the latest catalogs from Pottery Barn has a sweet Easter theme to it. Looking thru the catalog recently I was inspired by several things thinking that I could duplicate the cuteness myself. A couple of weeks ago I blogged about little Pottery Barn burlap handle bags and I took a stab at creating something similar myself with my newby sewing skills.
Then there was this cute little moment in the catalog . . .
See that cute little bird’s nest cupcake? Those food stylists couldn’t pull a fast one on me. I know what those are. That little nest is made of crunchies!
So here is my version of that cute little bird’s nest . . .
- mini muffins of your choice. I used banana bran. (great combo with the greek yogurt topping)
- “frosting” of your choice. I used Greek yogurt because it’s thick and holds well and I love the stuff.
- Crunchies. (Chow Mein Noodles) I used La Choy.
- Toppings to serve as the little birdy eggs. I used jelly beans or blueberries. Grapes would be cute too.
- (I was going to use cute pink cupcake papers but they looked a little tidier without.)
The assembly . . .
I had some jelly beans stashed in the back of the cabinet. (For emergencies) So I decided to have fun with those too…
They are a little tricky to eat, yes. But I didn’t mind and neither did my little ballerina. The crunchies seem to get a little less crunchy if they sit for a bit. So If you plan on creating these for an Easter brunch it would have to be something that you assemble last minute, eh.
These will probably be making a repeat appearance for my little one on Easter next to what will probably be a massive Easter basket filled with all kinds of special goodies.
Until next Monday!
linking with Lil Luna